Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Nestled.......


The mother's day peony is being crowded out by the redtwig dogwood and the iris.  It is a good problem as everything is growing.  I may move a large section of the peony as I can't keep the redtwig from advancing.  This one peony is the one that is going to bloom in stages rather than all buds at the same time.


This is the smaller old fashion iris.  They bloom earlier than any other iris that I have.  I had a white iris that bloomed earlier but it is in too much shade to do the early spring show. With all the moisture in the ground, they all seemed to open suddenly all at the same time.  There are a few buds still to bloom but the most of the plant has open blooms all over the area.


My old lilac is starting to see its last days.  I got this start from a huge stand of lilac on the shores of Lake Pokegama.  It always puts out a great show of flowers.


Honeysuckle is all in bloom right now.  The bushes are big and old as they make a visual screen for my back yard and the street.  They smell wonderful right now.

The school year is coming to an end as the last of the band and choir concerts are finishing up for the year.  Students have a few field trips to get done and they have a half day clean up day for the town.  There are only 8 days of school left right now including today.  I heard through the grapevine that I don't have a job with the school this summer.  So the old guy is hitting the streets looking for a summer job.  I don't know how an old man can get a job these days but some places are only hiring us worn out people.  We work harder sometimes and don't take sick leave.  I have some places in mind but I don't know what the employers will want to fill their summer jobs.

It is a cooler day today.  We had a tornado scare again last night while the school music program was being held.  The radars are good at telling people where the exact path is so we were 15 miles north of the path which was heading below and away from us.

 Today's students are so oblivious to reality with all their technology that they can't believe or can't comprehend the students can get killed at school from tornadoes.  One student couldn't believe that brick walls would fall down.  Anyway, such it is with today's youth. It is sad for such a thing to happen to any community.  All we can do is watch and hope that they find more survivors and less dead.

Thanks for stopping by today.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some treasures in your yard. Everything is lovely. Looks like a great place for you two to grill dinner outdoors.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I kind of like all the plants nestled together.

Gardening with Juanita said...

I agree with Sherlock Street. I want a Mother's Day Peony. I have had my Peony 3 years, it has had only one bloom. Time to do something. Looking good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Maybe you should start a lawn and garden business and hang out your shingle! Good luck with the job search...a frame shop would be stupid not to hire you:)