Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday's Things.......











I found this guy in the garden shed yesterday.  I try to get him out each year but for various reasons I didn't get him out until now.  I will leave him out until the first snow so he can air himself out a little.























 
I brought home my four demonstration pots from last week. I had not been on the wheel for five years or more so it felt good to spin the clay.  I need to trim them and return them for firing.  I will offer to load the kiln for the teacher of whom I had subbed.  I will soak the bottom of the pots in a shallow layer of water then take a knive to remove the bottom of each pot.


The color is complements of me carrying water to this sedum so it would bloom.  We had a half inch rain last night which is our first for a month.  I am still going to keep watering the sedum as we are extremely dry.


I found another shot of the four pieces.  The tray is a used one that came from school and as you can see a student didn't have any paper apparently to paint on so he painted the tray.

Church and Sunday school is all we have on the agenda today.  I am glad we have another day off.  Our little rain cooled things off here in Iowa.  A half inch of rain is very welcomed and let's hope it keeps our  temperatures down for a while.  The heat has worn everybody down.

Thanks for stopping by today.






















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had the opportunity to work with clay again. Cooler weather will mean a trip to Mark of the Potter in Clarkesville GA for us. We love to watch the potters work.
I miss having sedum. I know how the bees love the blooms.
Glad you had some rain and I hope the cooler weather lasts for you.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Have a great Sunday. I like the fish.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Sedum is very pretty. I knew you would enjoy throwing some pots! :)