Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday Already........


If you remember the story of the window box planter falling to the ground, this is that planter.  I had to put all the dirt back into the container and then try to establish the root systems again.  This was the new dollar seed geranium I had placed on the end with other geraniums.  This is the first blooming of it since its great fall.


Tom Tom is not living on our porch anymore but he has moved north to another friendly family who feeds him.  Our skinny Tiny Tim yellow male cat drove him away and Saturday my wife was able to go visit Tom Tom and pet him.  He seems to be doing fine.


It has been another difficult season.  It rained early on for quite a while and was so cold.  Then it stopped raining and got so hot that we never ventured outside to enjoy the patio. We had good weather today and I swept the patio and set up the umbrella on the table.  We ate pizza at the table on the patio Monday night and it was a good time. The neighbor girls did think it was good for it became their time to show off for us in their yard.

I didn't get called in today.  I am sure most people should be healthy after a three day holiday.  Sometimes the teachers have children that they need to stay home for but in most cases the beginning of the year is unemployment time for me.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the good news that Tom Tom is doing well! I met an orange kitty at a plant nursery today who is 17! You have a nice place to enjoy a meal outdoors. That's the prettiest color of geranium. I hope with some time at home, you are feeling much better. All the best to you and your wife.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear you are getting some extra days off! We have not eaten outside all summer...maybe one day soon! I think you can divide that Oxalis take a sharp knife and cut it into thirds and repot:)