Thursday, June 12, 2014

Two Surprises........


My first surprise yesterday was this young bluejay sitting on the trellis next to my blue gate.  I just happened to have the camera with me to take a picture of another surprise out in the garden.  The young bird sat pretty much unafraid for quite a while and then I think he needed to move on down the fence. I saw him along the edge of the fence and then he took the corner and left.  He really wasn't flying very well and his little short tail was great to see.


The second surprise was this bloom on one of my cemetery iris.  I didn't think it was going to bloom as I had never seen any stem developing anywhere.  Also it usually blooms at the same time as all my other iris.  I could of pulled out an archived photo of it but this is so great that I get to see it this year.  There may be one more bud on that stem but will wait and see. 

I am subbing again today for a janitor who couldn't work.  I had a day off Wednesday so I should be ready to work when I get there.  No rain for us all week until the weekend. Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a beautiful iris!

Patsy said...

What a look your Blue Jay is giving you. LOL
Beautiful Iris!

Anonymous said...

Both photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Ah that bird is so cute!! :)