Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday........


The Birds are giddy over the newly added seed in the feeder. The sparrows seem to be more social than other kinds of birds.  Rarely do you see a loner sparrow coming to eat.



The interior of the new found bird feeder has been created with thought.  I found it on the farm and I figure my father in law bought it at an auction.  He never fed birds but he did have a feeder in his barn.

I have set it up and put in a batch of seed in order to feed the squirrels.  Instead the birds really like it and maybe the squirrels will come by and pick out the leftover kernels of corn.






We lost a lot of this snow the past two days.  It did freeze last night to help keep the mud from forming in the yard.  Barney brings in mud so I hope it always freezes overnight.

It is Sunday and our routine seems to be the same each week.  We can maybe go eat somewhere completely different to stir up things. We both seem weary so we won't work too hard today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

We enjoy the birds, I like seeing new ones come to the feeder. The Blue Jays are as greedy as the Squirrel's. One of the Squirrel's is so pregnant, She has been feasting on sunflower seeds and corn, she will have 3 or more baby's like last year.

L. D. said...

I will watch for that in my squirrels. I guess I have been seeing activity of chase to make me think it is mating season.