Monday, January 5, 2015

Things That Interrupt Blogging......


I started  to take a couple of ornaments off my tree with glass blown ornaments on it. I was going to take a couple of shots for the blog.  All seemed well when the last ornament I took off was stubborn.  The base of my tree proceeds to make a cracking sound, it's plastic, and the tree tries to lay down on the table.  I did catch it.  So instead of blogging I took over 100 ornaments off the tree and laid them down on the table.  I didn't have time to go to get the box so half the table is now covered up with these things.  The tree is leaning now on the floor ready to be taken upstairs.  I guess I can get back to blogging. 



I took time to take away the geranium blooms that were spent on the plants yesterday.  As you can see it looks like a small nosegay of spent flowers. If I added a fancy ribbon around the stems and tied it into a bow it would look authentic.  The plants are budding now with small flower heads as which they do in the winter time being inside.











Six out of nine of my violets have some blooms on them.  Some are petty small groups of blooms and three of them have large numbers of blooms.











While out trying out the new camera I took a close shot of the birch.  I don't think the blue cast on the photo is the camera's fault.  I was still learning about settings and I didn't have it on the right mark.

It is a slow Monday so far as we are awaiting a snow storm.  I did go get the mail uptown but that will be it for my traveling today. 

It will be a good day to stay inside and stay warm.  The house seems to stay warm unless there is a 45 mile an hour wind coming out of the north. That was Saturday night but it calm out there this morning.  It does look like it will snow as it is an overcast day with lots of clouds.  I wish you all well today.  I read of many who are having cold weather in the south today.  It seems we are to have a long cold winter with our lows staying in the negative numbers all this week.  Everyone take care and thanks for checking in on me.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you saved the ornaments. I broke two this year so far. We will be a degree or two above zero today yippee! :)

Dolly said...

I just adore birch bark ! Good photo, even with the blue cast....maybe BECAUSE of it !

We need the cold to kill of the bugs, so come on winter, you'll have to move along when it's time !

God bless and protect those without adequate shelter !

Anonymous said...

Your ornaments are so pretty. I love trees too. I too have a new camera. I have been playing around with mine and most times go back to the old one. I guess I am not getting the hang of the new one. Time will tell. I live in the boonies. So I have bears in Spring, Mose, and lots of bush and trees.