Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday.......Late Today.


I seem to be feeding the squirrels here, three at a time.  Can you spot them all?  My wife says she has seen 4 in the yard at a time so the front yard squirrel must have come to the backyard for a visit.


The starlings have a purple gleam and also a green gleam from off its feathers.  This one really showed as green reflects from its surface. 

Working on some treats from the suet, the squirrel almost did not want to yield the feeder to me as I walked his way.


It seems to be slow for the cardinals as they haven't been that busy at the feeder.  We are having a very cold day today with an easterly wind.  It has warmed up some since early morning but it stilll is not pleasant to be outdoors.  I hope all are well and thanks for checing in on this posting today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

We had to stop feeding on the flat feeders because of the squirrel's We counted six one day and the birds were left out. They will take over. The red squirrels left but we still have the gray ones but not as many and the feeder we have now they can't get to. It has a cone they can't get past.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a great shot of the Starlings feathers! Stay warm!@ :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I counted 3 squirrels in the first photo, Larry, and will admit they were not my favorites as they tried to hog the bird seed. Starlings and grackles were also thiefs and not welcome visitors. Now we live in an apt and so There is no filling the feeders, which I am missing. Thanks for sharing your images.