Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday........Tax Day.......


We were in a dry pocket yesterday and the radar showed everyone around us 30 miles or more around us were getting snow, we did not.  Then by the afternoon the dry pocket was overcome by all that moister and we got about 3 to 4 inches of snow. We escaped 4 inches of snow because of that little glitch.


The snow shovel handle is like a sculptural form waiting for me to put it into action. The snow rock is more covered than before but it drifted in because of the west wind.


I don't get mad at these guys too often but this guy thought I was a push over.  He didn't leave while I was out there shoveling. I finally banged my shovel on the feeder and he left. He didn't even feel threatened with Barney in the yard.  I went in and got a batch of shelled corn to feed him and his three other hungry friends. This old feeder that I rescued from the barn works well for squirrel food.

I will probably this summer rework the insides so it will more easily send food to the troughs.  I expect back then corn didn't cost so much but if I filled this feeder to the top with today's prices it would cost 15-20 bucks per fill.

I am following around with a special student today who is supper smart.  She is needing very little direction and yet needs company.  It is a great job. 

More snow coming on Saturday and we will be able to build up more drifts of the white stuff.  In fact there are 3 possible days for it to snow.

Thanks for stopping by today.

As I mentioned in the title we get to go visit Pat and have our taxes filed.  I am usually angry, disappointed or disgusted when we finish.  I am going in with positive certainty that I won't be happy again this year.  I am not greedy but some people have pet projects that suck money out of my money to help pay others who don't pay their own bills.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Was thinking you were just taxed out over the weather.
Make sure you have something in your hand because these red Squirrels will attack they are very aggressive about food.

KathyB. said...

I am often conflicted about the squirrels. They are fun to watch but the greedy little buggers can deplete our well stocked bird feeders in a day, and we love even more the variety of birds that count on our feeders this time of the year. Plus, the squirrels chase the birds away, and sometimes attack us if we're near the feeders. They're dangerous .Still, very entertaining.

Hope you weren't too upset after your taxes were done.( agree with your last sentence too )

Anonymous said...

I always dread the trip to the "tax man!" Our snow is almost melted and I think we will have a rainy weekend. You two take care and have a safe weekend. Come by my new blog and let me know what you think about my bargain framed art!