Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday's Moments.........


The creeping bluebell is already starting to bloom.  I remember taking photos of a late one that bloomed out of season back in October.  It is an old fashion plant that was next to my foundation of the house when I bought over 35 tears ago.  It looks great but it is a very invasive plant.  I don't know if it spreads by seed or just by root. I take a lot of photos of it as it is a pretty plant and I have two major areas in which it is spreading.




The hardy geraniums are getting use to the real world now as they have been out on the patio for over a week or more.  The leaves are turning back into some real green foliage.  This leaf with the dark markings tells me that it is the pink or apricot bloomer.







The old time rose bush that also was on the property when I bought the house is doing well in spots this year.  It took a hit during the two year drought and now seems to be reviving.  It use to be a very big full set of bushes and that has not happened yet.



There really is a path going through the middle of this area that goes back to the fish pond.  Things are so lush that I will probably have to trim back the bee balm so we can walk through on the path.  Barney doesn't seem to tromp it out much as he just needs a narrow area to cut through when heading to the back fence to bark.









My other path is also grown in with phlox.  I really hate to cut them back as I don't want to part with a single bloom.  I keep walking through there and maybe a few will be smashed by accident. It took me years to get phlox to grow and now that it is doing so well I don't want cut it back. The field lilies on the right are starting to bud and they too are pushing in on the path.


















This is the last of the dark iris.  I brought it in and put it into a vase as the rains sent it to the ground.  Once they are bent over like that the stem never comes back for it to stand again.  The rain took out a lot of peonies too.  I guess I got to see them for a long time so I knew sooner or later they would take a hit.


















I will finish with a shot of my orange goldfish that seems to enjoying being outside in the pond.  He and his partner are out there to prevent the mosquitoes larvae from hatching.  I will feed them about every three days as there is a lot of natural stuff growing in the water.







The days are becoming hotter as summer is on its way for arrival.  Tomorrow will be one of our hottest.  The air gets turned on by noon and it helps to stop the humidity in the air.  This peony was shot from above as it lay on the ground.  Thank you for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

Great blog today enjoyed all your photo's
Our tall Phlox is about to bud.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think that Creeping Bluebells spreads by roots and bird pooped seed:) Because I have found it way away from anything else! I like them too and so far the few I have a staying put. I can almost smell your peony today! Yes it is due to get warm here too...supposed to be 88 here tomorrow:( I don't like it that warm...72 does me just fine:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The creeping bluebells and purple iris were lovely and I know what you mean about the iris once it's battered down. It never recovers. We had several that would bloom and become too top heavy to sustain standing upright. It's not too hot in New England just yet, thankfully. We used to have the AC running nearly all the time in the humid hot weather in our VA home.

Linda said...

Larry, first of all, I absolutely love your header, it is stunning! This series of photos is gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing all the beauty you find!
I am so glad you are enjoying Candy Waters' art on my blog. What I know of her is she is 14 and doesn't speak, and she has autism. I find her talent amazing and it makes my day to know that you are also intrigued by her art. I have shared many of her paintings and will continue to do so as I see them.