Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Middle of the Week.........


It is just another view of my large silver maple. The sky really does look like this typically all fall before we turn to gray. We have had a lot of clear skies lately and the starts are bright and clear at night.


I purchased inexpensive mums this fall that were already in bloom.  I didn't take the time to pinch off the spent blooms and they rebloomed anyway.  This means they surely will come up next spring and will bloom next fall.

Everything is weathered as the fall weather sets in.  The phlox leaves are covered with stuff waiting for me to trim them down.  The koi is a water fountain feature that I have not used for awhile.  I let him stay outside to be a hidden decoration in the garden. I am a little worried that if I pump water thorough him that he might vibrate and turn away form the pond.  I don't want to pump the water out onto the ground when I am not around.







 

There is nothing unusual about seeing a photo of hostas like this in the fall.  I was thinking about it though and remember than in most cases we usually get a hard freeze. Then the the hostas are all in a mushy green mound instead of these yellow leaves.

This burning bush is going to be more pink than red this year.  It does have sections of red on it but in most cases it looks like it will just fade away, instead of turning into fire.

I am subbing half day today in the FCS room.  When my wife's mother was in school they called it something different that Home Economics. It was Domesticated Science or something like that.   Its name now is Family Consumer Studies. The class I am with right now will be baking cupcakes tomorrow.  They have to fill out forms to know that they are prepared to start combining things right away when the class starts. I will be done at noon.

I hope all are well out there and thank you for stopping by today.




3 comments:

L. D. said...

Since I change the color and size of my fonts I kept getting breaks between photos that I didn't want. I just learned today and went to the html and manually eliminated some of the breaks that the blog gave to itself. Learning something new is exciting when I thought I wasn't going ever be able to fix it.

Patsy said...

Computers and what we can do amaze me!
Have a good day

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope the cupcakes were good! :)