Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday's Here.......


The third bud is starting to open.  I guess the plant needed to get use to the house as it has not burst into bloom like the last one that I had.  They usually bloom a bud every other day. This bloom is not all the way open but I wanted to get a shot of it anyway.



The finch looks a little scruffy as its feathers grow in a new yellow batch. They are suppose to have a black cap and that doesn't seem to be happening at this time.  The house finch and goldfinch are busy eating up as much thistle seed as possible. 



The forsythia that I still have growing continues to give out limited amount of flowers. I got rid of the other shrub in the backyard as it just never did well for me.  I like the bush being here so I will leave it even though it doesn't work hard to give me flowers. Its foliage looks good next to the birch tree.






I will finish today by sharing this small potted plant that I saw in the Botanical Center. The leaves remind me of a scented geranium but I really don't know what it is.



Here is a close up view of that plant showing the shapes of the leaves better. Its flower is a great looking one that does look somewhat like a geranium and not a hardy geranium.

I work only five hours today which is good for me.  I go in late today to work as an associate with special education students.  We have had rainy weather for a while but right now we have full sun.  It is great to see the shining ball of fire.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lily is so pretty. The goldfinch looks like I feel today! lol
I am not familiar with the little potted plant. It sure is nice and healthy. Glad you have some sun today. We are cloudy after a night of thunderstorms.