Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Archives.........


I have thrown away two different wheel barrows in the past and the new one really has been a good upgrade in my life.  The collection of rain with the barrow really did work well for me last summer.


The decision to dig a start of this old fashion shrub will be easy to make but I hesitate to take it as it becomes so invasive. I will probably take a start because of its history in how I obtained the plant.


There will be a new gate created at our new house.  I have to hire someone to put in one line of fence to help keep Barney inside the property.  Two fences of different ages surround our backyard but the third side has no fence. It is a shared open yard. I guess neither homeowners had a dog. The people who sold their house bragged that no pets nor smoking had ever been in the house. I will have to have two gates on each side of the house but only one side has a nice set of stairs going down outside to the backyard. I will introduce a dog to the house but I won't take up smoking.



Emptying the garden shed will a time to high grade my possessions. I will be forced to dump things from my dad's and brother's garage.  Antique things that are genuine and meaningful have to be packed up.  Do you see the old man ceramic sculpture on the right side of the shelf?  The woman of that set is gone already and the man will go away too.


I will finish removing the last of the ceiling panelling today. I had two beams, fake, in that part and one of the beams came down yesterday. It came down without injury nor a loud noise.

I am still undecided what to do for the ceiling treatment.  There is dry wall that has not been treated with compound.  I will have to do that if I want to just paint the ceiling. If the whole drywall material is not in good enough condition then I will have to pick a material to put over it. I hung that drywall ceiling 30 years ago and it does look good.  I will probably get the joint compound out and do a 4 square foot area to see if it will be acceptable for finishing.

The days are warmer and it is melting away our snow. We should have a pretty good week with the weather being nice.  Snow is coming on Friday.  I must shut this blog down for the day.  Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

A fence and gate will be appreciated by Barney:)