Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Afternoon..........


Cateye marbles were the popular kind when I was a kid in the 60's.  I remember hearing of people heating them up in a coffee can or cast iron skillet and then placing them into cold water.  The clear part of the marble would crackle up and sometimes the marble would just break apart.


These other marbles, not the cateye one, seem to be the older kind of marble.  I don't know much about the makings of them but they seem to be made of a more opaque kind of glass.


I really don't know the history of the glass jar with lid.  It is old.  It has Chinese designs on it with junk boats, bamboo branches  and ming trees. As the collecting continues, I will need to get another jar as this one is almost full. In order to move this, I have decided to put the marbles into a stronger cardboard box and put the jar and lid into bubble wrap packing material.

It is Sunday and I am again blogging late today.  We are off to see "Mama Mia" tonight at the Des Moines civic center this evening.  We have not seen a performance down there for a long time.  We just decided to force the issue and get tickets.  It should be fun with the live music and great performers. We have had a busy day already so we are resting up before we take off again for the evening.  Thank you for stopping by today.

No comments: