Saturday, April 14, 2018

Saturated Saturday..........


I took a quick shot this morning from off the porch while it was raining. It rained all night with hard gusts of wind blowing everything around up and down the street.

I did some digging in my photo files and found this visual of what I had purchased back in September. I can now say that I did plant those small daffodils. They are called Tete a Tete daffodils that are shown in the top left bag. I did not know they were dwarf flowers.  I don’t read the labels well and they did take a close shot of them making them look like they are the normal size flowers. I know where I planted the tulips but the bottom package of daffodil mix has been planted out there in no man’s land.  I have not seen any evidence of any other them coming up anywhere.

The rains are to continue all day while the northern part of the state is having  blizzard conditions for two days. We had tornado warnings all evening last night with the best chances to be south of us. Snow to the north is strange but I see we are also promised this afternoon. This shot sort of shows water running down the driveway and street.



We will just stay home today as it is so windy and close to freezing.  My robin waits out front of the house, standing in the rain,  He isn’t in the photo so don’t try to find him. We had a few minutes of sleet for variety and they still say snow will happen in late afternoon.




My wife made potato salad yesterday afternoon and I grilled burgers out on the deck in the cold wind.  The bowl my wife found to use was this depression ware piece. It is a beautiful piece and I am glad she is willing to use some of the older pieces.  She had this filled to the brim with potato salad so the leftovers went into the refrigerator.








I looked it up on the net to verify that it was Imperial Glass.  I guess in tough times they made tinted glass pieces at the Ohio company.  I knew it was Imperial from all the other things that I have which have that starburst design in its base.  We knew an older woman, not related, that made ginger cookies.  Before baking they had a starburst pressed down on the cookie dough to make that decoration on the cookie. She was called Grandma Starr and Starr was here last name.  I do think she liked to put her trade mark on her ginger cookies.  I have a goblet that could be used for that andalso I have glass sugar and creamer with the same design.


I will be finishing off the blog with this shot of one of our rascally critters.  He didn’t like the rain but he was just too hungry to not seek seed and get wet at the same time.  I had just filled this skillet so I may go get a strainer to get rid of all that water.  Everyone have a good day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the clouds, but not the rain yet. Your flower bed looks very pretty. I love the itty bitty daffodils. Sometimes photography can really fool you. When we were looking at houses, they would look great online but when you got there, they would be up a steep drive or down in a hole - the photographer did a great job of disguising that. My best friend's name is Sarah Starr. A name I don't hear often, so I was intrigued by your friend who made the ginger cookies. When I was a kid, I would use the bottoms of mama's milk glass tumblers to press designs into my silly putty! lol

Red said...

It's wet there. Heavy rain and it keeps you inside.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your flower bed is very pretty. No snow here so far it has missed us:)