Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday’s a Beginning....



The camera really struggled with these shots.  The camera really must like black trucks more that black and gold birds. I had to keep punching at it until I had a focused bird. I suppose if I were trying to take a shot of the neighbors truck it would focus on something else.


An approaching storm was more decorative than usual as the setting sun reflected great yellow and orange colors. It is evening and within twenty minutes the thunder and lightening did begin. The sun is not in this photo as it is setting way to the left of this photo.

The rain wasn’t so heavy but it  continued throughout most of the night. Light rains do accumulate and we did have a total of three fourths of an inch. I did dump the gauge this morning as more rain is coming soon.  I have zinnia plants to transplant into a more straight rows. It will be a little muddy but if I am careful the four inch plants won’t go into shock as I dig and move them. I don’t have to water anything today and the tomatoes are growing much larger.

I don’t have plans today.  I usually have a long list but today is a day off for me. It is a dismal looking day and I will just wait and see.  I am appreciating the cooler, normal weather today but I think I did see we could get back up to 90 degrees late today. Thanks to everyone for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Patsy said...

Rain is coming for us and it just makes for more humid days.
We stay in and watch the gardener make things lovely.Glad you
have a day of rest.That sounds highfalutin but we are not.LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got rain too and it is sprinkling again this evening. Your Goldfinches are very colorful! We have a bunch here and I think they like it here...for now anyway:)