Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Tuesday’s Things...


My morning coffee is changed today with a new mug from Swaziland.  Our missionary friends are on furlough and brought us each of us a very shiny, zebra mug. The gold reflection doesn’t quit show in the photo but they have a fancy surface painted on the mug. Also now your are able to see we can’t see out of our windows.it is so warm and humid outside that the air conditioned air reacts to the windows outside temperature. The fog is on the outside.


I received a scolding from a former neighbor about using the red colored product for my humming birds.  I have red an article about it a few years back and I question if it is an “old wife’s tail” and it keeps feeding itself on the net.  I really think the product would be pulled from the shelves if dead hummingbirds were being found everywhere.  When I run out of this liquid I surely can do the clear water and sugar thing.  I don’t know if our tap water would be good for them as it tastes terrible.



The weather is so strange as you can see the special effects that shows in this photo. The smaller sunflowers are blooming now and they are all lined up against the background of a setting sun.


These guys continue to grow larger as new ones are forming from the blooms on the rest of the vines. I will continue to search for the identification of this squash-like plant.


Monday’s afternoon sky has a sun illuminating the scattered clouds. Some towns had to cancel their Labor Day parades as it did rain off and on during the day.  I dumped a gauge with a measure of two inches this morning.


I am going to mow the yard soon.  The wet grass from dew is about to dry out.  My neighbor is out there roaring away with his mower so I can go out a little later. The grass is not thick but it is tall. I think rain is expect this afternoon and all day tomorrow.  So, I will mow and try to enjoy it.

I hope for all to have a good Tuesday. I am glad you stopped by today.

2 comments:

KCD said...

We make our bird juice with just sugar and water that comes ffom the well. The birds seem to like it better than our neighbor's, she has the red stuff. If you are worried about your tap water, just use bottled water.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I make mine also, 4 cups of water and one cup of sugar brought to a rolling boil and then cooled. I pour it in empty water bottles and keep it in the fridge. I have a red glass feeder...I got yelled at because people thought I was using the red stuff I had to explain it was red glass. Your coffee cup is beautiful, what a nice gift!