Monday, January 21, 2019

Monday’s Mustered up Moments.......

It is cold out there while he eats up as much as he can. I guess this position helps to block some of the wind from a gusty day.


Sunday afternoon the day seemed a little strange.  The shot across the street looks cold and a is yellow looking too.  The house is now empty, across the street.  We missed them all with three dogs and two kids.  No more school bus visits in the morning while I am out with Barney.

My first shot of the moon looked like this. The haze over the moon was causing the light to distort into this glowing light.

I did finally get a focused shot but I just didn’t want to deal with a tripod with it being so extremely cold. I was glad that I didn’t know there was a moon eclipse going on or I would have frozen off all my fingers.

We have had so much cloudy weather that I didn’t see the moon change to this stage.  It just showed up a couple of days ago and we had cold clear skies the past two nights.

My wife used her new iPad to capture the old man at work.  I need to improve my technique in pushing the snow blower around.  My wife did take a movie of me but that seemed to be too much to share.

I ventured to the grocery store this morning to stock up on everything. We will be receiving another winter storm tomorrow with freezing rain and snow.  I think we need to warm up a bit before we can get any freezing rain.  I see right now that we will get up to 19 degrees F. as our high temperature. Thanks for checking in today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We got snow and it will turn cold again. We watched the moon last night out the kitchen window, too cold to go outside:)

Rose said...

Love the moon shots. Wish we had a snow blower but at this point in our lives with as little snow as we have had the past few years, not sure it is worth the investment.

I love that shot looking across your street.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That squirrel looked like he was a bit cramped, but enjoying his feast and shelter, Larry. You did get a great moon shot even without the tripod. We also had snow but have no worries about getting out to clear it - a perk of apt living now. Hope you enjoyed some hot beverage after working outdoors.

Laurel Wood said...

Wow, it looks so cold; I know that clearing the drive is hard work.
That squirrel is cute! I did not realize you had a vacant home across from you. Hope you will get nice new neighbors.