Monday, February 11, 2019

Monday with Lots of Snow.....


It has started snowing again this Monday afternoon. The accumulation of snow of the blue spruce is pretty.  I keep seeing birds coming and going to the tree.


I took a wild free shot at the tree and I was surprised to see what I had capture.  Proof that the birds are hanging out in the tree. The yellow beak is just a spot on the gray head and white chess blends with the snow.

The sparrows are really hungry today as the snow starts to fall. There are three of them at this feeder but one is on the opposite side.  Our snow has turned into a very heavy snowfall right now. I had a shot of a cardinal that I took this morning but it turned out to be a blurred one.


















Another visitor returned today.  One woodpecker is a blessing as he was so slow to show up at the site. I enjoy seeing his entrance to the deck as he clings to the railing spokes first as if he is crawling up a tree. Then he jumps to the feeder.



















The doorbell rang this morning and the guy was delivering a wonderful walnut box that contained the ashes of Barney.  We both were surprised as to how we reacted, as it is nice to have him back home. The company picked up the body about two hours after he had died and they were such nice people. The whole company was so nice.  The woman who was my first contact was so helpful to lead me to get the job done.  It was a finalizing event that made us both feel better.

I thank you for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I wondered, glad Barney is back home. Winter is such a difficult time for pet burial. Thinking of you both. :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Goodness! I did not know Barney died! I was just reading a few posts ago about him. So sad! It is so tough losing a member of the family. ( because pets are family members after all.) I was planning on asking about the snow and then I read that. Hopefully Barney will feel at home in his walmut box surounded by his best family. (15 years is a long time in dog years.... I'm sure they were happy years.)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

I guess it is one of those years. Far Side Of Fifty recently lost their dog as well. I enjoyed reading about the adventures of Chance and Barney on your blogs. We are down to one cat now... It's tough losing a cat...I can only imagine a dog. ( dogs are a best friend after all)

Laurel Wood said...

I am happy to know that Barney's ashes have been returned and what a blessing that the company was so kind to you at such a difficult time. That is such a pretty photo of the bird on the spruce. I really had to look to find it.