Sunday, May 31, 2009

Colors galore.....


My neighbors' hybrid iris survived our wet season last year and are all planted around a flagpole. It makes it hard to individually photograph with them planted so closely to each other. One can also see some bad color combinations when your see the overlapping shapes of iris. I am glad hers survived and I wanted to share them with you.

I am getting a start of this plant also and I haven't a clue what it is, but it looks like it would be good on the south side of my house where it is hot and dry. This is growing in direct sun for most all of the day. Thanks for reading.....

3 comments:

ELAINE ERIG said...

Great, very good colour! I have an award for you , to please come by MY blog to get it.
THANK YOU!
ELAINE

Far Side of Fifty said...

It might be Achillea better known as Yarrow..hard to tell from the small photo..that is only my guess at this point!
Very pretty Iris..:)

L. D. said...

Now that you mentioned it I do think it is a yarrow. I see it every summer but this year I will photograph it.