Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ghost eyes.....



Our house faces a street that has one row of houses east and then it is farm field and then timber. Every spring for a least three years this raccoon mother comes into town, walking down the street late at night and makes her nest in the hallow of our old silver maple tree. We rarely see her but the neighbors see her often from their porch. The neighbors keep dry cat food on the porch for their many outside cats and I have the fishpond with water so she makes herself at home each year. She brings her young ones onto the neighbors porch and they tell us about it, but we have never seen her with her babies.
Last night the dog got very irritated and when I went out she was crawling back up the tree. She is very large and her tail is very fluffy but my pictures don't show that. I took shots on a chance that I may get something and this is what I have. Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wow, she must feel very much at home visiting your pond regularly :)
That is one spooky picture !