Monday, May 18, 2009

Time will prove me wrong.....

I whined all through my last blog about the loss of a clematis. Gosh I hate looking stupid. I was out and about and decided to starting to trim back and take out that clematis. Well, after the first cut of a major vine-like part of it, I took a look at the inside of it. Thank God it was still green inside. I don't have a clue why it hasn't sprouted out yet but maybe our impending 80 degree weather on Wednesday will make it take off. It is on the west and gets sun in the afternoon only, so that may be why it is slow. Now I can whine about the one stem that I cut out of the clematis but I can be of great joy that it is still alive!!!!
The lily of the valley is a lot blurry but I like the photo. It reminds me of a scene in "Honey, I shrunk the Kids." That automatic camera got everything in the background perfectly focused. I will retry tomorrow and take a better photo.

This little clematis is planted under my lattice covered gate. It is two years old and looks like I will see blooms this year. I think it is a white one. I need to start work on the creeping charlie. I will mulch as much of it out as I can with my new bagger mower. I love grass clippings for instant use. I am subbing for an English teacher today so I am stuck inside on a sunny day. Thanks for putting up with my whining and for reading.....

1 comment:

Bren Haas said...

Wonderful photos you are sharing today. I love the lily of the valley shot.... I can smell them now. Happy Gardening today dear friend. It is always a pleasure to have you stop by my page - thank yoU!