Friday, May 22, 2009

Wren, front and back.....


I have taken photographs of my finches, cockatiels, and parakeets, but never before have I tried to venture outside for pictures of birds. I was scouting my double lot property and could hear the singing, but that has changed. My male isn't singing for a mate anymore, he is singing territorial songs. The birdhouse has bunches of little twigs packed in it again and I assume eggs have been laid.
The camera was on automatic and when I heard the singing of the wren I looked up into the ash tree and there it was, climbing up and down the bark of the trunk looking for insects. It kept bouncing higher and ended up in the fork of the tree. I zoomed in a little but really couldn't see if I had a bird in the frame. Thus you see a front view of the wren and also a back view. My very first outdoor wild shot of a bird. On the very light side, I could have taken shots of my indoor birds outside on the patio yesterday, as I had the three cages out there, dry vacumming the bottom of the cages.
When I do that the indoor birds listen so carefully to the songs of the outdoor birds. They are really fascinated about it but are glad to get back inside the house.
Ok, I just thought of something I have shot of birds before. I use to take Canada Geese pictures and Swans on Lake Michigan. Wow, that was a long time ago, 1989. I also get an occasional sea gull pictures but they have been lost on a crashed computer. I will never be an Abe Lincoln but I can feel how he feels now. If you haven't seen his blog, check it out. Thanks for reading....

Abe Lincoln's Bird Blog

No comments: