Thursday, May 14, 2009

Weary Thursday.....

I finally got out and mowed yesterday afternoon. I had been hindered by substitute teaching for a couple of days and the rains keep coming so the grass was getting way too long. I could mow two rounds and would have to empty my lawn bag of grass. It was almost damp yet and I had so many grass clippings. I put it all around the shrubs and trees as I mowed so I didn't have to carry back and forth to the grass pile. I did find new things happening in the garden areas but I am going to spread those pictures out for a few days. I am waiting for this single petaled peony to open before I show it to you.
The statue is a cheap one but I like it's color. His little basket is broken but I figure if the great sculptures in Rome have broken parts, so can I. I have an interesting picture to put up for my Photo a Day site with him in it. That will be up tomorrow. I did help my wife get a painting ready to be shipped to New York today. She keeps me busy being creative box maker to fit her artwork sizes. A picture of a raccoon.
While at school I picked up one of the colds for the week from one of the students so I am being a lazy man today. I can mow a small area of the dog's yard today but not going to move too fast. Going to get a few supplies today and go to Panera with my wife for hot soup and a sandwich and great coffee. It will be a short journey but the sun is shinning today. That horrible tornado storm affected our state moisture wise but stayed to the southeast of us. We have had our share of tornadoes here in this town for a while but I really am feeling sorry for those who had lost lives in Missouri. Thanks for reading...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a busy man. The raccoon picture. No picture of it unless I missed it.

L. D. said...

Abe, you can find it on my wifes blog site. The raccoon is done in pastel and was sold to a gallery in New York City. Click on the address and view it on the right column of pictures. The Creative Spirt at:
http://dellartist.blogspot.com/

L. D. said...

Or just click on The Creative Spirit on the right column of my blog, up above here. I forgot, I have both of her sites listed.