Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Going really green....

The spring rains and cool weather has been good for greening up our world. Iowa eventually gets so hot and dry so it is time to really appreciate it.

I bought a snowball bush a few years back not really knowing what it was but it is a nice specimen plant and the little white flowers are nice. It is a few years old but this is the first it has ever bloomed. The mungo pine is sprouting new points and it looks good nestled between two other kind of yellow green shrubs.

The hostas are a great investment also when the heat hits. I want to redo an entire area under a tree with a fence surrounding two sides of it. The things there have not done well with the installation of the fence.
And my Asiatic lilies have been my greatest success. I planted them when I didn't know much and each year they keep performing. I will have a lot of nice photos of those, but he foliage is great also. Thanks for reading.....

1 comment:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

That is a lot of healthy green. I really like the color of the hosta, it's almost bluish-green looking.