Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Sunfilled Morning......


The great white hardy geranium shows off its lack of color. The white variety never puts out a large set of blooms like the other colors of geraniums do.


My large white clematis puts out a lot of great blooms in June.  It then gets the disease that I have heard about on the blog where it all dies down.  It looks like I have severed the vines when I have not done anything.  This year when it did this it started new growth. At the base of it the small white bloom came forth.  I don't know the name of the disease but it has developed it the past two years.  I am glad that it does stay alive but it sure doesn't look like it will be after it gets hit.







After this photo was taken I went to the area and pulled some weeds.  I seem to have weeds in all my photos. I watered the petunia beds last night with rain water and add some fertilizer in the water.  They need more water than I put on them but they all got a taste of the magical potent.









My last photo for today is one of the pinkish hardy geranium.  It looks dirty because of the rains.  Usually there are bugs on them but not this one. 

A guy that lives a few blocks from me called out of the blue yesterday to ask about my dead redbud tree.  He wanted to cut it down for me.  I guess it bothered him as he walked by each day.  I told him I had it on my list of things to do but sure he could do it.  I actually have a bigger chainsaw than his but he says he helps the town out by cutting things down in town and taking the branches to the landfill.  I was good with that and helped him load his truck with all the branches.  The tree was gone in lest the thirty minutes.  I am not sure what I will do today but I will just go out and get started.  Weeds are being eliminated and volunteer mulberry trees are disappearing.  I finished all the mowing yesterday and I moved some hostas into my new garden area.  I won't photograph until more is planted in the area. 

It is cold this morning again but it will warm up today.  I hope all of you are well and thanks for dropping in today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

That was very nice of the man to help you. In our neighborhood From the big storm months ago trees and limbs are still at the curbs.
Your flowers are pretty with so many colors.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy all your blooms. I remember reading about an all white garden one time that really "stood out" near dusk.

So thankful that you won't have to deal with the dead tree now! What a blessing for it to be gone.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The flowers look great. Very nice to have help with the tree. I think some people just like a reason to use their power tools.