Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday's Wonders.......


I don't have a great bookkeeping system to remember which photos that I have already posted.  I guess that there are a few photos that never make it on my postings as I think I may have already used them.  Sometimes my mind will sharpen up and spot something that I had not use and I bring it out even though it may be a week from when I shot it. Unfortunately my photos are so similar that I could easily not post them when in doubt.






 I posted this plant earlier while it was still in the budding stage.  They are coming out now even though you can see there are parts that are still not in bloom. I have this variety all wired up so it won't fall to the ground this year.  When the plant gets dry it tends to flatten out and the edges go to the ground.











This rose seems to keep giving me blooms as I trim back the dead blooms.  It has only two stems on the rose and I don't understand why it doesn't put more stems up.  It was late in sprouting out this year and it was just slow as it came up green and healthy once it started.













The third bloom now for this peace rose proved to be a great one.  When it was unfolding its petals it looked like it was going to be distorted and have a bad shape.  I am going to figure out how to over winter this plant as it doesn't like our severe cold.  I know a man in a town south of us who covered T roses every fall with three feet of straw.  I don't think I want to do that but I will try to get creative to insulate it.





I am fighting off bronchial problems today from last night.  The pills I take for that are hard on my system as I don't react to them well.  I am fighting the residue feelings from the pill this morning but will perk up by noon. I have no warning as to when the attack is going to hit and it doesn't seem to be any one thing that brings it on but maybe I will see a pattern to it someday.  Fresh grass cutting used to be the signal but that wasn't it yesterday.  I have a few things that I want to get done today and I should be able to do that once I get started.   We are cool in temps again today.  Thanks for stopping  by today. 

2 comments:

Patsy said...

One thing about phlox and rose's they just keep on giving, lovely blooms.
Hope you feel better soon.

Dolly said...

Such beautiful photos of God's majesty ! I especially like the wooden background on the first photo.

I don't have trouble with my Phlox falling over. I'm glad, because they bloomed greatly this year. I kept hoping they would get totally full, and thus waited to photograph them. As you can guess, the early blooms wilted while the later ones came on, so I never got a good picture !