Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday's Tattle.........


Getting my dianthus in a row was just a freak of nature.  They just seem to be blooming in a  row. I will need to water these plants as the heat is settling in for a few days.





The rose that is planted next to the driveway responds to the heat.  The flowers are all perky in the morning and by evening they look spent.  The pink rose that sits next to the white one has yet to put out a good bloom.  It seemed to be a little bit more weathered when I bought it and I think it is regrouping.














My redbud tree needs to be removed.  I assume I will wait until August now and also for a cool day to cut it down. I saw in a garden magazine once where they painted the tree a color to make it become a sculptural decoration in the garden.  I don't have the time for that but it would be fun.










I posted a different photo of the neighboring cornfield on my Photo a Day blog. The rows of corn are more distinct in the photo of the distant field.  The corn in the foreground was planted north to south so the top of the corn tassels looks different than the back field.

I am working again today at school.  I am not sure what I will be doing but we did succeed yesterday in getting 14 doors hung in the office area and auditorium.  I probably will have to help take more doors down for the painter to refinish and spray and then I could be a floor guy in the afternoon.  It is so warm here now and the possibility of working outside isn't really advised. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I especially love dianthus. I have one planted here.
Corn seems to be growing well this summer.
Sad about your red bud tree.

Take care in the heat today.

Patsy said...

The white rose is a soft white.
Sorry you lost your redbud tree.
The corn they grow here is short not tall like it should be, I think they grow it for gas fuel not to eat. I hate change!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You could paint the tree the same color as your door:)