Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday..........


Diversity in height must be common with the coneflower.  If I had the sound on you could hear all the mosquitoes ready to take off and head my way. You can see a couple of sunflowers shooting up, double in size since last week.


My neighbors throw away hardy geraniums are doing well in this planter. I didn't get to coordinate any colors in this situation.  I just wanted to keep them alive.  You can see a stray white geranium bloom at the far end of the planter.  It will be fun to see it all in bloom.  It reminds me of a circus color scheme.


My last photo for today is this one of a daylily.  I took roots of this from my parent's property when I closed down the house. I had purchased this for them and it is nice to bring it home.

Hanging doors  at the school is on my schedule for today.  I hope all of you are well.  Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is unusual that the coneflowers vary in height. I love all your flowers and the daylily photo is exceptional.
I know you dread lifting those heavy doors today. Take care.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Catching up this morning on the beautiful blooms in your yard, Larry. We have lots of day lilies blooming now, but they are so short lived. Yours were very colorful, especially the orange and red ones. No roses here and the phlox never returned. Butterfly bushes are blooming but a nuisance to keep deadheading to ensure they will rebloom.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a lovely Daylily! I hope you have a great week. Cold here today 51 degrees this AM. It was probably colder earlier and I slept through it:)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

The geraniums are rewarding you for saving them. They look great!