Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sliding into Saturday...........


A surprise bloom for me this year is the daylily out on the corner of my lot.  I haven't seen any blooms on it for a couple of years so when they buds started to develop I was curious to see what it really looked like.  I really had forgotten. It is wonderful. 


It is big and has a really strong color of reddish orange.  When I planted it there it was a good location but all I had was foliage.  Now it is a bright accent at the corner T intersection next to my property.





 The oxalis is enjoying the new pot of soil that it was planted into a few weeks ago.  I didn't want to buy more bedding plants so this really did work out well.  It should have some room to spread over the summer.








My cheap rose blooms just like an expensive one. It is covered with blooms.  The other one just like it has now shown that it isn't just like it.  I see pink buds on the other rose bush.  They both are now planted in the ground and fertilized to make them happy.  They really were not cheap roses as they were planted in pots.  They just were closing out the plants as quickly as possible. I should have bought all that they had there.  It is the first planting that I have done now in the new garden area.  I still have not committed on the planting of the three privet shrubs.  I feel the plants pain as they are still in crowded little pots.



The phlox will bloom this year as evidenced in the above photo.  It isn't in full bloom yet so I can keep taking more photos of it.  The phlox plants are very tall this year which should be great to see when they all come into bloom.




We are moving back into a rainy season again.  I think we must have had another inch of rain last night as the buckets, my rain gauges, have that much water in them.  This particular daylily really suffers in the rain.  I keep thinking that the blooms are too destroyed to shoot photos and then I do find one that looks a lot like it is suppose to look in good weather.





We are headed to ISU territory today to visit a bookstore.  We have the forecast all figured out and we will be dodging the next rain that will come in late this afternoon coming from the north.  I am looking forward to a good cup of coffee and some book searching in a nice quiet bookstore.  It is non college student season right now at the college area so it will be less crowded than when the university is in session.  Everyone enjoy your Saturday and thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Your Lilies have been beautiful this year.

Ela said...

Beautiful collection of the fowers !