Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday Slow Day


No rain for 24 hours and the flowers are trying to regroup.  It is good to photograph every day as things can change just from one 2 inch rain. This was taken a few days ago before the weather changed.








The coral bells has really grown since I placed it in the ground.  Maybe I will see flowers from it as it continues to mature.




















My wife's container of dianthus are taking off.  It took them a while to get rooted  but the few days of sun and some fertilizer has brought them to life. The foliage has doubled in size and the first two blooms are now in view.














Most of the things in my garden look like this now.  I didn't get to see it in pristine shape as it bloomed during a rain storm.  I have a day lily that I hope I can get a shot of before it gets showered. I will get it if it chooses to bloom today. 













My new rose that has very white blooms.  This one is starting to age now so it isn't my best show of it. You can see I have buds  yet to bloom so I can get that perfect shot.







It is Sunday and it is a good day to take it easy.  No big plans for us.  We teach Sumday school and then head off for a sandwich.  Then it is home again where we can just relax.  We are not getting any rain and yet it is overcast making it a gray day.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

I lost my Crème Brulee Coral Bell this year but the Purple Coral Bell is just fine and blooming.
We are to get rain the next four days.
The morning glory's have climbed to the top but no blooms yet.

Anonymous said...

You two have some pretty blooms. The Coral Bells is just lovely.

I believe you told me that the lady at the sandwich shop knows what you will order when she sees you in line! That is the way it is with John and me, too! We are creatures of habit!

Get some rest today and hug those doggies for us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That white rose is stunning! We had storms in the night and it was hard to sleep through them:(

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Pretty photos for Sunday after a busy holiday weekend.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I think that is the most beautiful rose I have ever seen, although I must admit, all of your flowers are spectacular !
~Jo