Sunday, July 13, 2014

Sunday........


The camera tends to pick up red glows of blooms but you can see how well the hardy geranium is doing.  I picked this up late fall for a couple of bucks and they all survived inside the winter.  I really didn't know how well it was going to do but it must have fertilized soil that gives it a good boost to bloom.


As these roses were not marked I really don't know what kind that they are.  I am thinking it is a knockout rose. I mentioned earlier that the other bush that I bought has pink blooms on it.  The rains are hard on them and I have a lot of petals on the ground.

We have fog this morning and it will be gone soon.  The high today will be 85 degrees F. and the humidity will be very high.  It makes the corn and beans grow.  Also I waded through the mosquitoes yesterday and the tomatoes jumped a foot in height this week.  I have blooms on most of them now which is late for most people's vegetable gardens.  I didn't get them in as soon as others but I bet we will have tomatoes.   The neighbor who had the same plants that I started in the house are putting out tomatoes right now.  Mine plants stayed in the house a few weeks longer waiting for me to recoup.

We will have a quiet Sunday planned with teaching our classes and then grab a sandwich for lunch. We will head home and stay inside to stay cool.  Thanks for stopping by for a visit. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the geranium and the rose is gorgeous. It is hot/humid here too. Resting up today to drive John the long distance to his dr. tomorrow. We will treat ourselves to lunch out then.

Vicki Lane said...

Love the new header. Our gardenia is blooming too. I have it in a pot by the front door and the fragrance drifts inside...

Vicki Lane said...

A second look and I see it must be a rose -- sure looks like a gardenia though.