Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday's Tools and Stuff..........


It is good to keep you tools handy but I do need to put them away to protect them from the weather.  These are the tools that have been getting a lot of use as I have been taking out volunteer unwanted trees and also they were used to prune back a lot of oversized shrubs and trees. 

 




Metal and plastic watering containers seem a little ironic.  The bucket dips the water out of the water barrel and the sprinkling can helps keep me from drowning and destroying the newer transplanted flowers and shrubs. I also am still using the rake as I put down some mulch to give the dogs a better path surface.  It was muddy most of the time and the dogs were getting dirty paw prints in the kitchen.







The stump from the overgrown spreading juniper. I am thinking that I will work to remove it from the area.  It will have to be a good day, cool day, and I am going to have to feel strong to tackle the chore of cutting it out of there.












The next bud is about to open to show me a Chicago peace rose.  I am hoping the rain stays away for a couple of days while it is bloom.  I guess I could go out and cover it to keep its petals from being messed up with rain water.

















While the pizza was baking in the oven, I went out and planted my three yellow privet shrubs. They really needed to be taken out of the pots as they were so well rooted that they were not getting much in nutrients.

I have two of them planted in my new garden area and figure that I can still move them next spring if I think I placed them in the wrong spot. It will be interesting to see how they start to grow now they are in some good Iowa black dirt.










I am working in the art room today building shelves for a cupboard.  I did a similar job last year for another cupboard and the art teacher liked the job so well that she wanted a different cupboard gifted with more shelves.   We were cold last night but it really does feel great.  We don't have to have air conditioning working with it that cool.  We closed the house up early last night to actually keep heat in so we would not have to turn on the furnace.   I hope everyone is doing well.  Thanks for checking in on my blog today.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

A mans work is never done. LOL You are really getting the yard in shape.
We are getting some of your cool weather today. Sure feels good.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Always good to have the right tools! That rose is so pretty even as a bud.