Monday, October 26, 2009

Yes, Noah, it is going to stop raining......

I always walk Barney on wet days as he has killed out areas of grass and he gets so muddy running back and forth in those areas. So we started walking this morning and on the first block I was remarking to myself, What a sunrise! But then I could also feel this lighter than mist form of water hitting my face.



Someone mentioned once that you must have great sunrises, and we do, but the neighbor's houses are always in the way. I have to trespass to get a picture. So I didn't snap any shots, but then a block down I turned and there was a rainbow. I was so surprise and when I turned to the left, there was the too bright sun showing me it was the cause of the rainbow.





I was amazed to see such a sight in October. I was reminded that maybe this one day, we won't have rain, and we didn't.

Thanks for reading....

7 comments:

Vernita Hoyt said...

We are having lots of rain here also. Our summer drought has ended and we are now about 5 inches above our normal annual rainfall. San Antonio is about 10 inches above normal.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shots you got this morning!
That's why I love having a dog! Dogwalking has got to my one of my favourite activites. There are so many beautiful things that one would otherwise miss.

Ezhilan said...

This sunrise looks beautiful with the sun's rays seeped through the tree branches. I like the rainbow.

Linda said...

Bet you're tempted just to shunt your neighbour's house along a bit so that you can get a sunrise!

L. D. said...

Well, directly across the street the two of them go to work early in the morning, I can go to the side of their lot and the other neighbors garage and no one notices. They are getting use to seeing me out there shooting pictures daily.

Anonymous said...

Great catch! Thank you for your compliments to my writing!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have been searching for a rainbow all summer.. I had given up..but now it is snowing..probably no hope for one this year. I can't see sunrise or sunset..too many trees..I can walk to a sunset, but to get a sunrise I have to get in the car and go about a half a mile down the road:)