Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Coleus..........


My wife is Irish so I will put up some green for her. I am going to take her to the Des Moines Art Center today day for lunch, and to view the artwork.  It is a gallery with a few classics but it prides itself in being a Contemporary Art Museum.  I like the buildings that have been created but a lot of the work is too ultra modern for me. I really believe if the artwork has to be explained in order for one to understand it then you didn't do your job. 


I am suppose to be winding down this framing business of ours.  I can't find mat board locally and the custom pieces of moulding are getting harder to find.  I can order from the big company but no one wants to pay the price.  So anyway I was busy the last few days matting and framing these old quilt pieces for a lady. 

I don't need to tell you but I haven't been able to get any painting done while this is going on in the gallery.  I took down my fancy birdhouse yesterday so that I could give it a weatherproof base. I had a person drop off a frame job besides these two but they are going to have to wait for awhile.  Have a good day everyone and thanks for stopping by.........
Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who are observing the day.

7 comments:

The Retired One said...

Someday, when you have more time,you need to post a step-by-step tutorial on how to mat a picture...I have always wanted to try it but have been afraid to do it.

Rae said...

Happy St. Patty's to you too. The coleus is pretty. That is one plant I have success with. They are very hardy and tolerate my neglect.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

A Happy St. Patrick's Day to the both of you !
I just love those green coleus, the green is so vibrant, and they grow with a passion.
Enjoy your day at the art center, sounds like a lovely St. Paddy's Day for you both....

Unknown said...

You just gave me a wonderful idea! My grandmother made a few sunbonnet Sue blocks but she didn't make enough to complete a project. Now if I can remember where they are I can have them framed! Thanks for the idea!

Alan Burnett said...

Happy St Pat's Day to you both. I love the picture of the foliage - it's like Ireland itself with its 100 shades of green.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning L.C. ~ Have a wonderful day with your DW.

DH and I were in picture framing many, many years ago, and materials were expensive then. We have a friend (who years later) was also in the business, and had to get out because prices were continually going up.

That is a sweet framing project you are working on.

FlowerLady

Valerie said...

Happy St Pat's Day to you ... and your wife especially. I hope you have a lovely outing.