Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thursday's things to share..........


Monardia, Bee Balm, is starting to strut it's stuff.  I had a bad year with it last year but this year it is doing well.


The sun's rays shine down on the patch blessing it with just what it needs to bloom.


My sunken stock tank is what I use to farm out my Koi in the summertime.  It is getting to be overgrown by the field lilies on the one side and I have planted flag iris and hostas on the other sides.  You just barely see the one orange koi in the water.


The rain has kept this tank full with fresh water continually so it is very clear.  Almost 14 inches of rain just in June and our nearby lake is going to start to overflow tomorrow causing all sorts of flooding downstream. My tank is overflowing every rain and I go out each time to see if the two koi have jumped out of the tank.


We took the trolley out for a walk today.  Just kidding, though we took it out to take some progress photos and do some estimating.  We will be painting objects on the loading dock in front as if they are ready to be loaded on the trolley.  My wife got a chance to complete the clouds in the sky and she is almost done with the prairie grasses.  We will be including a conductor checking the time schedule and various items in the foreground to help show what it looks like if your were looking out the door of the Interurban Depot.  More to come with a lot more details to add yet to the trolley.

Thanks for stopping by........

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I look forward to seeing the detail, but it's awesome even at this point. The bee balm does look great this year. I saw some at a recent garden tour that was beautiful so I went to Lowes and bought some! ;D

Anonymous said...

Your bee balm is so pretty. I'll bet the hummers love it!
I love your mural that you and your wife are working on. Can't wait to see the final unveiling.

Unknown said...

You'll need to remember to look at your post about monarda in a year or so when it's walking down your driveway! It's one of my favorites, but gives new meaning to "aggressive"....

David - Pinewood Cottage said...

i love the water feature - i can almost hear it. thanks for the shot of the mural ... it's really looking good. what is the mural for?

Gary said...

LD, It is truly a garden of delight!!! I have much enjoyed watching the progress on the mural. For a moment I though the milk can in the foreground was real. - G

The Retired One said...

Love the Monardia...looks like a firecracker! and your mural is delightful!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh it is looking good..I am impressed!! Your Monarda is beautiful..I have no problems with it reseeding anywhere and I just love it..yours looks great..no powdery mildew..that is a good thing:)