Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Stuff.......


This is the very first daylily that I ever owned.  It came from a start at the next door neighbor's yard.  It has been a good one as I have replanted it all over the property.


It is holding it's own among the weeds.  I need to go back and really clean up the area, but this is one of the hostas I moved a month ago.  It has so much growth and is even blooming.


Speaking of holding her own, Yellow Kitty is doing so well.  She is queen of the porch and can be seen basking in the sun until she can't stand it any longer, then she retreats under the table for more rest.  The mother cat of the three kittens, the kittens having been returned to their owner, stays around in the area.  She is a sweet wild cat and someday soon I think will be tamed.  She comes to me and asks for food and I don't turn her down.  She isn't nursing her kittens anymore but she is still so small and thin. Yellow Kitty keeps her off of the porch but does not drive her off the property like she did when she was a young cat herself.


I bought these geraniums hoping that they would be predominately white, but no they are better than that.  They appear to be like apple blossoms in color.   I did pick up a large white geranium to plant in my new concrete swan.
Mural painting continues and we are getting weary of it all.  It is going well but the refinement that we need to do is time consuming.  We took off to the bookstore yesterday even just to feel a little less stressed.  Had a Chinese meal at the mall and came home.  Everyone have a safe weekend and thanks for stopping by...........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yellow Kitty is so pretty. Glad to hear the mama cat trusts you for her food. I love the yellow daylily and that "apple blossom" geranium is one of the prettiest I've seen. I hope you and your wife have a happy and safe 4th.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like the old yellow daylilies..if only they would last longer than a day. It sounds like you are growing weary of the mural..hang in there it will be great! :)