Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wood crafting time...........

I made a new tray feeder and stand last year and the tray part was made out of used wood that didn't weather well.  Right now I have an old kitty litter pan on top of my stand for the tray feeder.

I was inspired by a feeder that I saw on The Retirement Chronicles blog with evening grosbeaks feeding on it.  It gave me the idea to create multi-levels and the rest is history. The blogger is a kind friend who I know would be pleased if I reinvented from her husbands idea.

I again used old scraps of wood but this time I used solid scrap and no plywood.  I will install it tomorrow and see if the post will hold it up straight.

Our birds have been hitting the feeders hard because of all the snow cover. I plan to feed the mourning doves on the top level.  It will be fun to see how the birds feed from it.

I was digging in the junk room and found some more old Christmas balls.  I know the subject is getting old but I filled up this glass vessel with them and the colors are wonderful.  I have the dining room light turned on above them so I get a lot of reflections.









It just keeps snowing and I am use to it now.  I went out and put a heater in a animal watering trough today so the neighbor cats can have drinking water.  I had the tank heater in my fish pond and the water was so low that they were just hanging around wishing that they could get a drink.

I am really frustrated with the neighbors with so many outdoor cats and they have never watered them.  I throw out extra food once in a while and I get a menagerie of cats out there eating.   I saw a large Persian cat out there today that I had never seen before along with another very large gray cat. I feel better that they have water to drink.

Thanks for checking in today.  I just couldn't take snow pictures again today even though I was out there.  Maybe tomorrow when the wind blows up some great drifts.  Take care everyone.......

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Those cats are lucky that you are an old softy! I like the bowl full of ornaments..very pretty!
I am anxious to see your creation..the stupid deer keep emptying our feeders...they love the black sunflower seeds:)