Monday, June 20, 2011

Button in action.......sort of




Almost thirty years ago, I gave to my mom the quilt maker, a photo of an Amish quilt design that I liked.  It was done in large squares, deep blue, dark maroon, and a pale yellow.  The pattern was simple looking but in the same layout as the one above in the photo. 

The resulting quilt only matched the layout of the pattern but nothing else.  As you can see my mom liked vibrant colors and apparently working with small squares.  It is a great quilt but I always smile when I see it.  Mom wouldn't follow a recipe and definitely not an exact pattern request. 

As you can see that Button wanted to help me with photographing the quilt and then he suddenly got tied and took a nap.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is a beautiful colorful quilt! Button appears to be a good helper:)

Debbie Lo said...

Your mom sounds like a woman after my own heart! LOL And the quilt (and Buttons) is really beautiful, Larry. Keepsakes are just so special, aren't they?