Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday's creative zone........


This is the old fashioned rose that grows next to my side porch.  It was  here when I moved here 35 years ago and it has spread out more along our kitchen side of the house.  It was effected a little by my neighbors spraying his yard but the blooms are surviving and I don't have to show you the foliage.



The four kittens that she blessed the world with are now moved into the neighbors garage. I haven't seen them yet but the plan it to stop having kittens.  She has been to our door all winter and now all spring to be fed twice a day and we can pet her sort of.  She is staying in a cat friendly garage and she is now getting fed over there too.  We will see who and what cats end up where as they grow up.  I have not seen the kittens yet to know what they look like but soon I will go over and take some photos.

Thanks for stopping by............

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty rose and I'm happy that it survived some "mis" treatment by the neighbor. Don't you wish you knew the story of who planted it?
It's heartwarming that Kittie has slowly begin to trust and is well cared for. I'll be anxious to see the kittens as well.
Our cats are indoor cats and we have only seen one outdoor cat since we moved in. He's black with white feet and he comes around in the middle of the night - you should hear my cats "howl" at him!!!

The Retired One said...

Mmmmmmm,I can just SMELL that rose. YUMMMM!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful flowers. That Mama kitty should be catchable after the kittens are weaned..are you taking her to the Vet then? :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Larry, just spent some time catching up and seeing your lovely roses in bloom. We don't have any in our gardens, although a friend is always trying to convince us to get some. Hope the kittens find suitable homes.

Debbie Lo said...

Such a beauatiful, pink blossom! Very nice!

The cat and her kittens are lucky to have you guys and your neighbors to feed and watch out for them. I can't wait to see the kitten photos!