Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday's things.........


 My red raspberry patch has doubled in size in two years.  The summer rains have really cause the rapid growth.  We will have to freeze a lot of them because you can eat only one pie at a time.



My koi gets shipped out to the tank in the garden today.  He had a partner but he jumped out of the tank last year and I found only the bones that were left behind on the ground......cat or raccoon.



Cichlids originally came from Africa and South America so they like to be outside. He is a lot more tropical than a koi but he still thrives out in the tank with the goldfish and koi. He had a partner that looked just like him but he has been gone for quite a few years. This guy was a gift from one of my students at school many years ago.

My wife Della and I will be celebrating 27 years of marriage today.  We are not planning anything special for today but maybe this fall we can do something special and travel somewhere. I am a very lucky man to have such a wonderful gal.

Thanks for stopping by.............

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

How wonderful to have your own raspberry bushes loaded with fruit.

Love your fish too and I'm sure they are enjoying summer outside.

Happy Anniversary to you and your DW.

FlowerLady

David - Pinewood Cottage said...

congratulations on your anniversary! these days that is quite an accomplishment. enjoy your day.

Anonymous said...

John and I would like to wish you and Della a very blessed anniversary, Larry. God bless.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a wonderful day!! :)