Monday, October 3, 2011

The bounty......


I have given one away already and I have promise a few more to another neighbor friend.  I need to find a cool place to store these so we can enjoy them all winter.


Be careful out there with your miter saw.  I got sloppy and tried to cause great injury to myself.  Fortunately I only tore the skin off the top of my thumb.  I drug my hand under the blade as it was coming to a stop.  The actual realization that I could have lost my thumb made it worse than the  experience. Yes it did hurt a lot and we have a pressure bandage on it to keep it numb.

I have never really had an accident with any power tool before this. Obviously I will be monitored by someone for a while while sawing and also I will be more aware than ever of the dangers of power tools.

It has been since Saturday and my brother in law had me using a chain saw today taking down some stubborn hard wood trees.


We didn't have a lot of tomatoes this year but we continue to get a bunch like this once a week.  We do get fresh salads that way without having to buy the hard ones from the store.

Have a good day and thanks for stopping by...........

5 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ouch !
I'm always scared of power tools, they make light work of chores but oooh, one slip...hope you recover soon.

Your vegetables look delicious, and so the season ends, despite more tomatoes :)

Have a great week.
~Jo

Anonymous said...

So very sorry about your thumb, Larry.

Your harvest photos are great.

Have a good week.

The Musical Gardener said...

So glad your injuries were limited. I use a mitre saw quite a bit, and I know how easy it is to get impatient and reach in too quickly - great reminder for me to exercise more care.

I love the new header photo - your own work I assume.

Wow your squash were prolific. I think I only have about three butternuts in the garden, but we will enjoy them.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Larry, glad your injury was not as severe as you said it might have been - ouch. The butternut squash should keep for quite awhiel in a cool location. They will make great soup or bread or can be served roasted - delicious any way. you can also make a pie similar to pumpkin.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet that hurt! I hope it heals quickly..you never really appreciate a finger until you injure it:)