Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Posting......



I went out and picked some more roma tomatoes.  We will have tacos for supper.  There are still a few green ones out there on the vine and I will pick them if there is a frost danger.  I would rather they ripen out there.  The squash vines are all gone now except for one last strand that has the little squash on the end of  it.


We had a small rain and the zinnia's came back to life for a little while longer.  I was going to mow them down this week but I have been at school all week instead.  The weather was warm yesterday again and it seemed like one of our better fall days.  We are cooling down nights now and the furnace turns on in the morning for a  while but it warms up by noon.

I am a middle school science teacher today.  A large group of the students from middle school and high school are going to spend the day planting trees in town.  They have hundreds of them to plant so it will be nice to have that done.  I will have the leftover students all day.

I have been asked to be a full time sub now and I will just go each day. I will find out what they want me to do for the day when I arrive in the mornngs.  The person was getting tired of calling me each day and this way I do now know what day I will be working, every day.   I will get vacations with special testing days and holiday breaks and other days off so I am going to be ok with it for now.  I figure I can make it for the next eight months and then I can decided if I ever want to do it again next fall.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Prospero said...

Nice to hear from you again, Larry! I hope you have been well.

Good luck with saving your tomatoes. I had a terrible tomato year (just too dry ... and then too humid).

The Musical Gardener said...

I wish they would adopt a system like that here in Ontario, where you could just be a permanent supply in one school. We are on a new computerized calling system now, and you never know where you are going ahead of time, or even the grade now, until you get there.

I was Kindergarten today - can only take them in small doses, a little high maintenance for me.

Anonymous said...

Tacos with fresh tomatoes sound like a real treat to me!

Congrats on getting the full time sub position.

Wishing you and Della a nice weekend.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Your zinnias really look good still. I hung onto my rough looking ones just to gather the seed but they came down yesterday.

Silverlining said...

Your Roma tomatoes are quite a harvest! The color is so perfect. Our tomatoes didn't produce much this year. We only grew an abundance of bell peppers. Thank you for sharing.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You must be the best sub in town! Way to go..at least you will have a various subjects..everyday will be a surprise!:)