Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Accountability.........


I did get this birdbath cleaned and now you can see it has fresh water compliments of the rains. I said that I would and now you can see the evidence in the photo.  I don't see birds in the bath but maybe if I put a rock into it that they can land into the middle of the bowl it might be more friendly.



I think all of the kinds of daffodils are my favorites.  I was going to say that this was my favorite one and then I thought about the solid yellow ones and thought they are pretty special too.



Two years ago I helped the neighbor clear out and replant her hybrid iris collection.  Two years later I think I shall be seeing blooms.  The leaves are so much larger than the regular iris.  I think all of my iris survived the winter and they really appreciated have the rains this spring.

Study hall duty again today.  I am not a fan of middle school students but I do like them.  They are going through some tough times at that age and the world expects no more from them that what was expected of us when we were at that age.  The difference is that at this place in time, middle school students challenge everything and obey only after the third correction.  Most directions need to be questioned by them if they are listening at all.  Rewards seem to be a demand rather that earned. I will survive.

Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Vivian aka Deborah said...

Cool pics, Larry, Yes, spring makes it so nice to be outdoors again. Nice bird bath. We used to have one but it got too rusty, even after we painted it several times. We are now looking to just attach a little something on the bird seed pole, which has a squirrel baffle so the little gray buggers can't get into the seed. They do, though, eat the fallen seed on the ground.
Love your white and yellow daff!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have that same bird bath:) I keep dumping it out and it keep snowing and melting in it..so the birds have water. Your Iris are going to be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of lavender and yellow iris blooming around here. They are one of my favs. That's a lovely birdbath.