Monday, April 22, 2013

Monday.......


The creeping Charlie and the fernleafed peony are doing well.  I am anxious to see the bloom on this one as it was planted there a couple of years ago.


The drought killed off the majority of my red raspberries.  I have scattered live ones among all of these dead canes.  I need to remove the dead one when it gets to be a little warmer.  What a mess that will be as the thorns are still sharp on the dead canes.


The fernleafed in this area is a little slower in coming up compared to the one south of the house. I think I now have five different places that this is planted.

It feels better outside now even though we dip down and cool off in the evenings.  Spring has definitely set in for Iowa.  Grass will need to be mowed in a couple of weeks and flowerbeds will be cleared during the next couple of weeks, when I find time to do so.  I am looking forward to it all and being outside is so great.  I took the last of my Christmas decorations down yesterday as the lighted deer were still in public view.  They are now leaning against my gas grill and will be taken to the basement when I do my first grilling.

The neighbor lady and her son have gotten into smoking meat instead of grilling meat, so we were able to go over and taste some smoked chicken.  It is an electric smoker and she cooks in on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.  It was very good and I am glad we could join her to taste her first smoking.

I am in study hall to day and it is Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Our son in law Andy has a smoker too..the meat always tastes great! He uses different flavor wood chips. Your Peonies will be in bloom soon:)

Anonymous said...

My mom loved peonies. John had a smoker when we first married and we enjoyed smoked turkey for the holidays.