Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tuesday's Stuff.......


This is the reason that I let it grow.  It puts out such great color and with the hydrangea in the back with its white blooms it makes it look great. 


The other white thing growing is this yucca plant.  I had dug it all out two years ago because it appeared to be dead.  Now it is back living and blooming.  They grow well in Iowa and do spread some crowding out whatever is around it.


I will finish with this hardy geranium that I bought a few years ago.  It was a dollar seed geranium.  I bought it for its foliage colors but the flower is not shabby either.   I show a lot of photos of this plant as it blooms late winter in my living room window.

Thanks for stopping by to view my post.  It is a four day week this week and I will welcome a day off.  The Friday after will be a low keyed day as it will seem like a Monday and Friday wrapped up into one. 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Yucca does have a very pretty bloom. Short week for me too..the museum is closed on the 4th. Suits me just fine:)

rebecca said...

Seeing the Yucca reminds me that I've never seen so many Yucca displaying so much flower! It must have been a good season for them - they're splendid all around us here (NE Indiana).

Anonymous said...

John is hoping to plant some yucca here.