Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday.......






Out by the weathered windmill is this volunteer hollyhock.  They keep spreading as long as I don't mow them down.  This one grows among the grass and I mow around it.





The pears are small this year as the second year of drought has caused them to produce small fruit.



The surprise lilies are about to be gone.  The aging process and the heat will cause them to dry up soon.

I start back at school as a substitute today.  It has been a difficult summer but I did survive it.  I will be subbing for the art teacher while she recovers from surgery.  I should be in the art room for a couple of weeks.  I will get to teach two classes of pottery which is going to be great fun.  First few days of school are always rough with short schedules and heat.  I know a lot of the students from last year so that will make it easier for us.  Our school had a good jump in enrollment  this year.  That is a good thing as most smaller schools continue to lose students.  We have grown larger every year for the past five years.

I  had a long day as a janitor yesterday as I stayed two hours longer to help get the building ready for an open house for parents a kids.  It looked pretty shiny and clean by the end of the day.

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your windmill and hollyhock photo. So happy you have a job teaching art for a while. You will have great fun and hopefully, your body can mend from the difficult summer work.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah you are a sub again! It would be fun to see some pottery! :)