Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thursday's Spot............


On the way to Perry last night I saw a picker and truck sitting alone in the field.  It looked like the farmer had two swaths of corn left to do per the entire length of the field.  The weather has turned windy and cold and I am not sure why it was just sitting there. Maybe a part is broken on the picker and maybe something had come up.  It really is the last of the corn that I have seen not picked.  They picked and combined some great fields of corn and beans and they harvested even some of the worse corn and beans that I have ever seen.






We had two days of fog and moisture so everything was wet.  When I got into the car to come home last afternoon the moisture had frozen into a shiny ice coating. We dropped in temps so quickly that it shut me down until the car had been warmed up to allow the ice removal.  It was 8 degrees this morning when it was just 33 degrees the morning before that.  The wind made it unbearable as I walked from the car to school.  I needed to wear a lot of protective gear but had not.


Cold nights worry me some but when the wind blows like it did last night I do become more concerned. Our upstairs bedroom is on the north so it is very noisy in a windstorm.  It sounds worse that it looks but cold and wind makes an old house creak. I got up to just check things out and looked over the heat setting to be sure I wasn't going to have the house get too cool for the birds. We turn our heat down at night automatically but it has to be adjusted during extreme weather.  I am glad the winds have now died down this Thursday afternoon.  

I have blogged late today as the English middle school position I was in was such a busy time.  I had to be so organized as the different groups kept filing in and out all day. It is the second day in there.  The last period is study hall and I welcome that for a rest from organized teaching.  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope everyone is surviving the cold and or snow that is hitting the United States right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen is experiencing drastic weather changes also. It is 70 here today and cloudy. We have had thick fog for 2 days.

Pray that you all stay safe and warm in the extreme weather.