Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday's Staying in Touch.....


I moved all of the violets into a new area where I will have a plant light.  They were in front of the window in the dining room.  I want to put my smaller tree with glass blown ornaments in the window this year.  Everything takes much longer to do than one wants it to be. All I was able to complete was mounting the light and moving the violets.  I need to return to the violets and water them.

I also spent time with the small tree that goes in the window. It had been packed away in a box and it was pretty distorted and deformed from the the stuffing process. I usually leave the strings of light on it and then unfold the tree and move the lights into better positions.  Last night I found it in such a mess that I unwrapped two sets of small light from the tree.  How I ever got two sets of lights on there I really don't know.  It was a tangled mess. It took a long time to untangle it while not disturbing the bubble lights that also remained on the tree. All is solved now and I will tonight replace only one set of small lights on the tree and then I can hang ornaments. I am thinking the tree will end up in a large garbage bag for storage this year and no more stuffing it in a box.


These are some of the oldies that I will be putting on the tree.  The green acorn is the oldest one and the others were purchased back in the 70's.  The were created to look like antique ornaments from Germany.


I also like the newer ones that they make that are glass blown.  Sadly the larger ones are actually blown plastic.  I have been watching to see what I can pick up after Christmas and I have only seen one set of these which were ones that I already have.




Maybe today we will lose a lot of the snow.  It is suppose to get above freezing today.  Tomorrow it is suppose to be in the forty's.  It has been balmy compared to the -8 F weather that we have been experiencing. I was up in the middle of the night and the furnace was not running as it was 21 degrees F. outside.

I am the art teacher again today.  Two days down and two to go.  I am firing another load in the kiln today.  I will probably fire pottery the next two days so most everything will be fired and done by Friday.  The kids are being pretty well behaved for me. There are always a couple who just are outsiders of the education process.  I am tired today with too many things to do on my list at home.  I am glad to be working here though even though I haven't been here full time in my old room for five years. Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a good day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot of your tree and the ornaments are wonderful. At the after Christmas sales, we would buy those plastic bags that folks wrap their live trees in to discard them and use the bags to go over our fake trees for storage. They are not as strong as garbage bags but their shape conforms to the trees well.
We started a small painting project behind the kitchen sink - as you say, everything takes much longer than it once did!
Take care and enjoy the pretty decorations you have.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for sharing your tree decoration in this post and previous ones, Larry. I am missing the fact that we are not putting up and decorating a tree this year or doing any other decorating as we are traveling to different states to support family members. We did buy a small, pre-lit tree at a local thrift store and also found some small ornaments to add to it. It gives the living room a little festive touch along with the Christmas cards we always display.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Being the art teacher sounds like fun.

Love those old glass ornaments. You look very Christmasy with the snow!