Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Wonderful Land........


I was out into the elements yesterday afternoon as it was snowing.  School had been let out early due to the impending storm.  I had time to take shots after I had scraped the sidewalk for our Button dog.  He does like a nice cleared walk when he has to go outside.

I put out some fresh seed and only one bird had enough sense to come and enjoy.  Later when it was getting dark a large group of juncos and one female cardinal came to enjoy the seed.


To add color I will share my table arrangement outside our porch door.  The fake poinsettias have a dusting  of snow on them.

School was started late today and I joined the staff as a special education assistant today.  I will follow a couple of students to their class and help monitor study halls of special needs students giving them any help that I can.  Sometimes they need a bit of company as they go through school and nothing else.  Thanks to you all for stopping in today.

5 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that the snowfall will not be too serious, Larry, as we have been watching the weather reports online and there is a lot of snow and now ice in many parts, including our home state of NJ. Nice of you to shovel a path for Button.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Nice to have those pops of color in all the snow.

Patsy said...

We have ice on the ground and no school. I like your blue gate.

Anonymous said...

I know Button appreciates the help. Karen's landlady has a dog and they have been clearing a place for her to go out. It was very windy here today, temps in the 40's. I know you will be thankful for the temps to warm up soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Button...it is good that you indulge him with a cleared sidewalk:)