Thursday, April 3, 2014

The Birdland News............


The head does become a blur as the woodpecker digs deep to get to the seeds.  Yesterday the red bellied and the downy were so busy at the suet.  It was colder then and very windy. I suppose it was a quicker meal that trying to get insects from trees. 

 
I am not quite sure what the woodpecker was looking for but I assume he was checking for competitors as he kept flipping his head back and forth.  The downy would not stop in nor the nuthatch unless the feeder was completely cleared of birds.




One chick has been hatched.  It happened a few days ago.  I will try to post a photo later replacing this one.  Naysayers were busy saying the eggs were frozen and didn't make it.  We will see if the eagles prove them wrong or if the first two eggs do not hatch. The Decorah eagles seemed to be watched in many parts of the United States as I found out about the chick's hatching on a facebook page from out in Virginia.



I am an associate today helping with students during classes and their study halls. It looks cloudy out there and we are getting some rain. We won't be so cold that if we get anything it will be rain and not snow.  I feel like we are living in the south now as the people north of us were hit hard with lots of snow.  Thanks for coming by today.

1 comment:

Ela said...

Beautiful photos of birds !
Greetings